Ease Into Prints

When it comes to prints, I have to admit that I have been a bit reluctant to wear them, but lately I have been embracing them a bit more. I had a dream the other night about the most fabulous floral top and matching pants. The print was awesome and of course it fit perfectly. (Am I the only one that dreams about clothes?) Since that perfect outfit does not exist in my closet, I decided to put together a few looks with a floral top as the focus. (I will hunt down that dream outfit somewhere.)

prints
(Click here to shop)

The best way to start with a bold print is to wear something simple with it. Take a floral blouse and just add a basic pair of skinny white jeans. To dress down this look for summer, wear some white shorts and cute bright sandals.

prints1
(Click here to shop)


If you are feeling brave, add a skirt in the same print as the top. If you are nervous about wearing an all-over print, just remember that these two separates almost have the look of a dress. (You might be more likely to wear an all-over print on a dress.)

prints2
(Click here to shop)

We have all seen mixed prints where florals and stripes go perfectly together (or stripes and polka dots). But I like the idea of mixing this floral top with a floral textured skirt. Normally I would think of a lace (or cutout) skirt with a solid color top but I think the subtle pattern mixing is kind of fun.

What is your favorite way to wear florals?



0 comments:

Post a Comment